Tuesday 10 April 2007

Poorly

Absence can be explained and it is a total coincidence that I am in bed feeling utterly c**p today and a report is on the news about people taking sickies! I assure you I am not one of those people as I don't work so have no need too and the croak of my voice just about shows how bad I feel.......Actually I think the voice is probably worse than how I feel at the moment?

Normal service will be resumed shortly. Problem is that I feel bad but I'm finding it hard to sleep right now. There's too much noise in the house and my head keeps hurting so why I am looking at this white square object is beyond me?

So while I am here lets talk about this sickie business as it is a rip off. Personnel are ripping off their employers after all.


I wonder why there is a difference in the amounts of people who take sickies of people who have jobs in the public sector over the private sector? (Basically it's much higher) My husband is the most honest person I know and he is the only person I know who has never pulled this stunt but maybe has gone in late or left early for other reasons. (Don't we all!) He is a rare breed though.
How many are off sick (hmm hmm) today? The weather is so good this wee and perfect "I've come down with a stomach bug" weather.

A friend of mine decided to take a day off work one day when we were hit by a huge amount of snow. She took her young son to the local park sledging and guess what was on the front page of the local paper with the headline; 'Mum and son enjoy snowy day off work last Friday'. I thought about what happened to her and decided never to lie about being ill at least in my working life; at school was different - I was constantly unwell! Or that is what I told them.

No comments: